Skip to main content
EkonomiHome

Petronas Achieves First Oil From Bukit Tua Field, Indonesia

By 26 Mei 2015Tiada komen2 minit bacaan

 

KUALA LUMPUR, May 26 (Malaysiaaktif) Р PETRONAS reached a significant  milestone  in its  upstream operations  in Indonesia  with the first oil  achieved  from the Bukit Tua field on 17 May 2015.

PETRONAS‚Äô ¬†General ¬†Manager ¬†and ¬†Country Chairman ¬†of¬†¬† Indonesia ¬†Operations, ¬†Hazli Sham Kassim ¬†said, ¬†‚ÄúWe are ¬†proud ¬†that ¬†the ¬†Bukit Tua field has come on stream today and this is PETRONAS‚Äô biggest upstream project in Indonesia, so far.‚ÄĚ

‚ÄúThis¬† ¬†upstream¬† ¬†project ¬†is ¬†an¬† ¬†integrated¬† ¬†development¬† ¬†as ¬†it¬† ¬†also¬† ¬†involves¬† ¬†the development of¬† other supporting facilities such as Ratu Nusantara Floating Production, Storage and Offloading facility (FPSO), a 110km subsea pipeline ¬†and a 4.7ha onshore receiving facility (ORF),‚ÄĚ he added.

Located  in the Ketapang  Block approximately  110km offshore East  Java,  the Bukit Tua field is expected to produce 3,700 barrels  of  oil  per day (bopd)  and 2 million standard cubic feet  of  gas per day (mmscfd)  in its  initial production  stage.  Upon ramping  up the field,   the  production   will   increase   gradually   before  reaching   its   peak  production capacity of  20,000 bopd of  oil  and 50 mmscfd of  gas.

The gas  produced  from the  field will  be transported through a pipeline  to the ORF  in

Gresik, East Java while the oil  will  be offloaded to carriers for export.

Petrogas Jatim  Utama,  owned by the East  Java provincial government, has signed  gas sales  and  purchase  agreement  with  PETRONAS  whereby  it  will   purchase  the  gas produced  from the field for electricity generation to meet Indonesia’s energy demand.

The Ketapang  block is operated by Indonesian  Subsidiary  of  PETRONAS, PC  Ketapang II Ltd  (PCK2L)  with  an 80% interest  in the block.  The remaining  20% is held  by state- owned Perusahaan Gas Negara through its subsidiary PT Saka Ketapang  Perdana.

 

 

 

Tinggalkan komen anda